Saturday, January 10, 2009

Movies

I've rejoined some Beatles message boards I haven't been a part of or posted on in years. I'm doing it because I'd like to get more in touch with the Beatles community. The Pete Best message board has always been one of my favorites. A nice close knit group of devoted fans who really go above and beyond in promotion for The Pete Best Band.

That and I'm addicted to the forums arcade. I waste so much time on there.

One fan on the Shabby Road message board just sent me the mp3 of my May Pang interview from early 2005. WOW! Relistening to it brought back so many memories! I'll be posting it as a retro episode soon.

I've been watching some Beatles movies on the internet. Like bad biopics. Tonight's viewing pleasure was the 1979 tv movie "Birth Of The Beatles". Oh dear. I stopped counting mistakes. It was horrible. Hilarious though. So many errors my gosh.

The sad thing is Pete Best and Dick Clark worked on it so they should've known better, but perhaps there influence couldn't even save this.

The story about Paul and Pete lighting a condom on fire in the Hamburg club and it being put out? Yeah in the movie it's a full blown inferno.

No comments: