Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Work has been keeping me busy lately. Like I've said before, 2009 is proving to be a really busy year.

Eric is back from his Beatlequest overseas and we should see, or hear, him back on the show soon.

I haven't been able to keep up with all the news due to my schedule, but apparently Decca Records is ending it's existence in the next few weeks. I wonder how different things would've been had they signed The Beatles.....

Well we would've had a Beatles history with no George Martin and less creativity control and possibly Pete Best over Ringo.

Hmmmm

I've also heard (but no article that I've seen has given a direct source yet...or I haven't found one) that Paul is cancelling his upcoming tour to stay home with his daughter Beatrice. If it's true good for him. In the 70's he dragged Heather, Mary, Stella and James everywhere but I suppose he wants to do things differently now. Wings tours were different anyway, especially the early ones.

At least it's not another "PAUL IS GETTING MARRIED" rumor. Can we stop with those? Please?

Still catching up on all my new Beatles books. Reading Julia Baird's (John's half sister) new book, but decided to read her old one first to do a compare. So far her new one is better as it's more in depth. Like Pauline Sutcliffe's book (Stu's sis), the author (also a sister of a deceased Beatle) seems to have some issues they are working through using the book.

Not that it's a bad thing. Julia seems like a nice person and her childhood was nothing short of tragic.

I'll try and post a new show soon.

Meantime some big stuff are coming up for the website.

No comments: