Thursday, November 20, 2008

Twilight

Tonight a big movie sensation "Twilight" opens. I've heard about the books are really popular. Harry Potter level popular. The movie looks to be big too. I am catching the midnight showing in less than 2 hours actually.

Why am I writing about this here?

Because an article recently said that this will be popularity of Beatles levels.

No.

Just no.

Over 40 years later we still have Beatles websites, tribute bands, and new biographies.

Do you really see this happening with Twilight?

I think it'll be good. But it isn't the Beatles!

1 comment:

Greg in Nashville said...

I commend your bravery in diving into the ocean of estrogen that is Twilight. As a dad of 2 tween girls, I was at the opening the other evening as well. Having now observed both it and The Fabs first appearance on Ed Sullivan (alongside my then 12 year old big sister) firsthand, I have to say it does share the same similarities (mainly demographic) with the first wave of Beatlemania. The comparison actually did enter my head, unbidden. But what I saw in evidence at the Cineplex the other evening was way, way, calmer, to say the least.