Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We all live

I started blogging last night when my computer had a power outage. Wasn't too happy about that.

I figure it's time for a normal episode of "Bertone Beatle Bonanza" again. All these interviews, specials, Wings Wednesdays and Monday Reports are cool, but I realize J-Term was our last STRAIGHT NORMAL episode. I will try and get one out this weekend.

Dhani Harrison is starting to become the official Beatles spokesperson. We've learned two interesting items from him as discussed on the podcast

1) The Beatles: Rock Band will contain unreleased songs and

2) The Beatles may decide to digitally sell their music through the website since iTunes isn't working out.

Selling it through their website exclusively is interesting. I do hope we can get on track with iTunes though...

In other podcast news my co-host and I are also on a show called Couch Potatoes where we jabber about TV.

I found a used book store in Tampa this last weekend that had some CHEAP out of print Beatles books. I could have easily spent over 50 dollars there but I controlled myself and only spent a few bucks. Can't wait to read some of them and to go back when I have more money!!

I also bought two books specifically on the making of the YELLOW SUBMARINE film. As I've said before I enjoy the Beatles books when they are more focused on paritcular aspects. This way they bring something more to the table than the other ones do. Now I can become a YELLOW SUBMARINE movie expert.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Speaking of books ~ I was thinking
as I was listening to your podcast last night that I would love it if you would have a list, either here or at your website, of all the Beatles books you own and those you are currently reading.

I have already be introduced to "new" books and things through your podcasts (the Beatles comic books are one example).

Anyhow, thanks for the podcasts and keep up the great work!

kathy (the link is to my husband's rarely updated blog)